Online Registration FAQs

Online Registration is Now Available using the link above
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Family Access and Online Registration
Who do I contact if I don't know my username and/or password for Family Access?
Please visit your child's campus and they will assist you with providing you your credentials. 
When can I start registering my children online?
Online registration opens on March 29, 2021, at 8 AM by visiting Skyward Family Access.
I have more than one child but I can only see one of them on my Family Access?
Please visit your child's campus and they can assist you with this issue. 
No hablo ingles, hay manera de ver los formularios de registro en linea en espanol?
Haga clic aqui para mas information a como traducir la pagina a espanol. 
Will I need to register each of my children online?
Yes, you will need to complete online registration for each of your children listed on your Skyward Family Access.
My child is brand new to the district, can I register online?
Online registration is only for returning students and currently enrolled students. You will need to visit your child's school to complete registration. 
What grades are eligible for registration?
All grades (except Pre K and Early Education) are eligible for online registration. 
Do I have to register online?
We are requesting all students be registered online. Please contact your child's campus if you any concerns. 
Once I have completed the registration process through Skyward Family Access, am I finished registering my child?
No, you will need to provide registration verification at the campus for which you registered your child. 
What documents do you accept for registration verification?
Proof of Residency
  • If living in own residence or renting
    1. Provide current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) showing name, current address, and date
    2. Provide current rental agreement or lease (if renting or leasing)
  • If building in Mercedes ISD
    1. Provide builder's contract showing projected completion date (must be less than six months)
    2. The campus may follow up (at projected completion date)
      • Provide utility bill (water, gas or electric), utility deposit, or connection, confirmation showing the new address
  • For returning students: If living in another person's residence
    1. Provide parent/guardian driver's license or government-issued photo ID
    2. Provide driver's license or government-issued photo ID of the owner of the residence
    3. Provide current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) showing the name of the owner, the current address and date
    4. Resident owner MUST complete Proof of Residency that requires a notarized letter. This requires the person living with the owner to be present and sign the notarized letter as well. 
    5. If a child/children are not living with a parent, appropriate Court Documentation, State Agency Documentation. 
      • Next School Year- provide attending school with same/current information for proof of residency including updated Temporary Guardianship Letter signed by a parent/guardian and notary.